#artsmethods 3 provides a space for critical discussion around the opportunities – and challenges – provided through arts-based research, advocacy and activism.
We will work with participants to produce a series of blog posts and an online, open-access publication that reflects on this – and previous – #artsmethods symposium that have been held in South Africa and the UK.
Key themes to be engaged with include..
- Ethical dilemmas and practice
- Are we engaging and responding to the ethical issues associated with power dynamics and relationships within arts-based projects, consent, the ownership of the work produced and its dissemination and use?
- Knowledge politics
- How is knowledge “curated”, interpreted, attributed, and navigated within and outside “academic” spaces?
- Linking research and activism
- What are the possibilities and opportunities? How do we think through potential conflicts of interest and forms of support?
- What are meaningful partnerships? Who benefits? What are the opportunities, tensions and expectations associated with working collectively?
- Why and how we do what we do, what are the benefits and limitations, do we have good practice examples?